Dear BGU member,
In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, and in line with correspondence from the Western Cape Government, SAGA and President Ramaphosa’s declaration of a National Disaster on Sunday the 15th of March 2020, the Boland Golf Union has resolved to implement the following:
1) The Boland Golf Union AGM scheduled for today has been postpone and a new date will be communicated with the membership as soon as possible.
2) All tournaments, between the 18th of March 2020 and the 30th April 2020, under the management authority of the Boland Golf Union are cancelled. Tournaments, over this period, that are not under Boland Golf Union’s management will not count towards any Order of Merits. The affected tournaments are:
• Cape Winelands Senior Championship (BGU tournament)
• Wellington Junior Championship (BGU tournament)
• Montagu Open (Club tournament)
• Bobby Locke Championship (Club tournament)
• Robertson Junior Championship (BGU tournament)
• Boland Open Championship (BGU tournament)
• Malmesbury Open (Club tournament)
• Moorreesburg Open (Club tournament)
3) We request that clubs within the Boland Union align themselves with both National and Local authorities’ instructions.
4) The Club Management Association of South Africa (CMASA) has issued guidelines to its members. Chris van der Merwe, the General Manager at Stellenbosch Golf Club and Chairman of CMASA has indicated that they would gladly share these with clubs. He can be contacted at Stellenbosch Golf Club 021 880 0103 or firstname.lastname@example.org
5 )The Boland Union Management & Executive Committee will keep you updated as events unfold in these uncertain times. We trust that these precautions will help us play our role in fighting the virus in these trying times. Please feel free to contact the Union should you require any addition information.
PRESIDENT: BOLAND GOLF UNION